Pages

Monday 11 April 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Tron: Legacy came out on DVD.
            The highly anticipated sequel to the 1982 cult classic Tron is finally on Blu-ray as well as the original movie.  Tron: Legacy is a really good movie full of mind blowing effects that look incredible on Blu-ray.  In fact I saw Tron: Legacy twice in theaters but I enjoyed it most when I saw it on Blu-ray.  Without the 3D glasses tinting your view and making you focus on certain parts of the screen the experience is improved and allows you to admire more of the backgrounds and cool effects.  If you haven’t checked this one out yet I recommend you do so but if want more details you should read my review.

News about the new Superman movie was revelled.
            Zack Snyder’s reboot of the Superman series starring Henry Cavill is entitled Superman: Man of Steel.  The villain will be emperor Zod played by Michael Shannon.  This brings me to one of the points I’ve been trying to make in other articles the problem with constant reboots is the fact that you end up doing the same villains, Zod was the bad guy in Superman II.  I’m also wondering if they will be doing an origin story at the beginning because to me it just seems weird to have Clark turn into Superman and right away go up against an evil Kryptonian, he should probably be more used to his powers by then.  I know it’s been done before, even more than Zod but I think if you’re going to put an origin part in which you kind of have to in a reboot you have to have Lex.  Although what I really wanted was for this to be a Smallville movie but hopefully this gives Smallville the opportunity to wrap up its story in a bigger better way.

Pre-orders of Gears of War 3 will grant Beta access.
            Future Shop and EB games have now granted beta access to Gears of War 3 for everyone that pre-order the game at their stores.  I didn’t see a cut of date on the EB Games website but you have to pre-order by April 18 so that they can send you an e-mail with the code by April 25 which is when the beta starts.  I will be pre-ordering at EB Games because they have an undeclared bonus that comes with it as well.  Gears of War 3 looks incredible and I can’t wait to get my hands on the beta.  If you haven’t played either of the first two yet I strongly recommend you do so in order to catch up for Gears of War 3 in September.   

Your Highness came out in theaters.
            This is a stoner comedy set in medieval times starring Danny McBride, James Franco and Natalie Portman.  I haven’t seen much of any of their works but from what I’ve seen McBride is pretty funny, Franco is a great actor and so is Portman.  The movie looks like a lot of fun and apparently while being a stoner movie you don’t really have to know anything about pot which is great because I’ve never tried it.  I’ll probably wait until it comes out on DVD but if you’re going to see it be warned from what I hear it has a large portion of Minotaur penis.  Why? How should I know?

Resident Evil celebrates its 15th anniversary.
            Capcom released an awesome trailer as a commemorative of the fifth teen years of Resident Evil but it also showed glimpses of the future of the franchise.  In the video it shows the five new Resident Evil releases coming up.  The first of which is Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D which isn’t really a full game because it’s just one of the extra modes from Resident Evil 4 and 5 but it will be fun and beat the heck out of everything else currently on the 3DS.  Two HD remakes are on their way; Resident Evil Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4 (still one of the best games ever by the way).  Resident Evil Revelations is a new game set between the 4th and 5th games which sounds awesome but unfortunately it will be for the 3DS which means that sense it is a full game complete with a story mode and all, it will most likely blow Mercenaries out of the water plus I would like to play it but I’m not going to get a 3DS for it.  The last is Resident Evil Operation Racoon City which is the one that has got me most excited because it’s for the 360, PS3 and PC and will take you back to the beginning of the franchise except this time you’re playing as the bad guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...