Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Best Buy is looking for gamers.
Yeah that’s right if you’re a gamer Best Buy might be in need of your service.  Best Buy is planning on expanding their gaming sections by clearing out some of the space currently reserved for music because of the overwhelming success of iTunes and other online music stores.  They want to hire employees specifically for selling games exclusive add-ons and apparently getting people to trade in their old games for discounts anywhere in the store.  It is nice to see such a major company taking such interest in games and hopefully the employees will help steer customers to quality games and not just try and sugar coat bad games to clear out stock. It would be easy for people who know a lot about games to use all kinds of gaming lingo to convince an unknowing parent that their kids will love the new Dynasty Warriors because so much has changed.

New Army of Two and Dead Space games on the way?
            EA has openings for those willing and able to work on their new Army of Two and Dead Space games at Visceral Games in Montreal.  However there’s no clear indication if they will be the third instalments in the main series or smaller departures like Dead Space Extraction.  I’ve been meaning to try out Dead Space because I hear it’s great but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.  Army of Two on the other hand I have played and well you can check out the review for more info on that.

Capcom Captivates.
            Capcom’s Captivate event in Miami showed off a bunch of new games they are currently in production.
Street Fighter X Tekken: Very much like Street Fighter IV it will be a 2D fighter with 3D character models.  It’s sure to have a large character roster and also has a tag team mode allowing for new types of combos.  This seems like a must buy for Capcom’s fighting game fans.
Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: This seems like a cheap way to try and milk SFIV even more I mean it’s the third SFIV game for crying out loud not counting the one on the 3DS because it didn’t add anything new.  The maker of Street Fighter said that SSFIV was the game he wanted SFIV to be but couldn’t do to time constraints so what is the point of this one?
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record: A spin off of Dead Rising 2 where you play as the main character from the first game.  It is supposed to have a whole bunch of improvements to make you want to come back for another round.  Personally I’m more excited for the Resident Evil games that I won’t get into because I did so last week.  
Asura’s Wrath and Dragon’s Dogma: I’m grouping them because they are original IPs so I don’t know much about them but they are supposed to “revolutionize” action games.  They seem cool but I’m mainly glad that Capcom is venturing out into more original territory which is always nice to see.

Gears of War 3 beta launches, for some people.
            If you bought the Bulletstorm Epic Edition you have access to the beta starting today!  Unfortunately I didn’t so I have to wait until the 25th so I can use the beta code I got for preordering Gears of War 3.  I can’t wait to get my hands on the beta and I will have an article about it once it’s over and I can tell you all what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...