Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Green Lantern sequel in the works
            Despite the fact that the Green Lantern movie wasn’t able to make enough money in theatres to recoup its $200 million budget Warner Bros. still wants to continue the series.  I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’m glad that they are going through with a sequel.  The next movie will hopefully pit Hal against Sinestro which is what I would like to see but if that doesn’t happen at least there’s still First Flight which is amazing.

Toy Story 4?
            At the end of an interview with BBC about Larry Crowne, Tom Hanks was asked about the possibility of there being a Toy Story 4 to which he responded. “I think there will be, yeah.  Yeah, I think they’re working on it now.”  I don’t know how reliable that statement was, whether he has heard talks from people at Pixar and it’s accurate or is just assuming based on how successful the series has been and could be completely off base.  While I do enjoy the Toy Story movies especially the 3rd one, I don’t see what they could do that wouldn’t be done before in the series and even if they could I don’t see how it could compare to Toy Story 3.  I hope Pixar does the right thing and lets the series go out on top; they are great at coming up with new and exciting ideas so I don’t see why they would need to milk the Toy Story franchise.  If they really want to do more with the characters they could always do shorts like the one that plays before Cars 2, which was nice but felt a little too short so just expand it a bit to 15 or 20 minutes and continue the franchise that way like what they did with Cars Toons.  

Forza 4 limited edition detailed
            All of the bonus content that will be available to those who purchase the limited edition of the game has now been disclosed on the game’s website.  Here is a basic run down: It will come in a Steelbook DVD case, have a VIP car pack containing 5 cars, a 10 car American Muscle pack, custom designed BMW cars, “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear” which is a 96 page album full of real life and in-game photos of the cars, a set of vinyl stickers, exclusive BMW theme from Xbox Live plus the all new 2012 BMW M5 which will be available on Xbox Live for those who don’t buy the Collector’s Edition.  All of this is going for just $79.99 CDN which is impressive since it comes with so much including an additional 5 cars for those who pre-order early.  To see the full article click on the link below.

Marathon is coming to the iPad
Daniel Blezek is a programmer who has been working on porting the classic Bungie FPS to the iPad for about a year now.  He is using the source code which became available in 1999 and is doing his best to complete the project and make sure the game is as fun on the iPad as it is on the PC.  I think it is really cool that Bungie is supporting an indie developer (not financially but in spirit) who is trying to pay homage to a game he loves and I have faith that the port will be a great one since it is being done as a labour of love by Mr. Blezek.

Crysis 1 for Xbox 360 and PS3
            The ESRB has claimed that they have rated the first Crysis for the Xbox 360 and PS3 however EA has not yet confirmed the news.  I assume that it is true and that the game will be downloadable from Xbox Live and the PSN since they don’t need an HD remake and can’t in my mind release it in stores even as a budget title since it is over three and a half years old and Crysis 2 has already dropped in price.   

Transformers 3 blasts into theatres
            I’m a big fan of Transformers and have been for the vast majority of my life.  I really enjoyed the first two movies and while I hate that they replaced Megan Fox I will without a doubt check out the supposed end to the series.  I say “supposed” because when a franchise is very successful the studios usually try and keep them going to rake in the cash even after they say it’s over like they did with Pirates of the Caribbean.  I don’t know much about the story in this one so I’m still wondering how they are going to make Megatron relevant after he was tossed aside and than ran away from Optimus at the end of the second movie.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...