Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: Jan. 30

Party like it’s 1999
            Bioshock Infinite will be including a new mode called 1999 Mode.  The new mode is meant to be much more challenging, but is different than the way Hard mode would play be.  Rather than increasing enemy health and damage the game focuses on a different play style.  In the standard game you will be able to experiment with whatever gun you find, but in 1999 Mode apparently the only effective guns will be the ones you decided to specialize in.  I’m not entirely sure on how that will work out but basically they want you to make decisions about gameplay that really matter and stick with you throughout.  

Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
            The Witcher 2 was a PC exclusive RPG from last year that got some great reviews and that I was actually quite interested in.  Unfortunately I don’t have a gaming PC so there was no way I could play it, but now I don’t have to worry because it is coming to the Xbox 360.  The 360 version is called the Enhanced Edition but I don’t know what sorts of improvements have been made or content added on.  I do know that if you have the PC version already you won’t have to buy the game again or any DLC since it will all be delivered in a free update, to which I say kudos to CD Projekt since so many others would try to milk their customers for more money.  

Nintendo Network
            Nintendo has unveiled their new online service for the Wii U.  It is titled simply “Nintendo Network” and will be just like XBL & PSN in that you will be able to communicate and compete with players as well as buy digital content like smaller games and add-ons.  Also it will probably play Netflix.  I’m glad that Nintendo is finally going to have an online service that competes with Microsoft’s and Sony’s although I’m not really surprised, it seemed pretty inevitable if they intend to have the same 3rd party games.  I’m curious to find out the pricing for it since with such a large head start XBL & PSN will be much more comprehensive until it starts to add-on to its service and the PSN has a free version, so competing could be difficult if it charges monthly like XBL.

Insomniac done with Resistance
            Insomniac has announced that they will no longer be making any more games in the Resistance franchise.  The series will continue however, the next game is Resistance: Burning Skies for the Vita and it will be developed by Nihilistic.  In a video linked below, Ted Price, CEO of Insomniac Games, said that Nihilistic will be taking over; I don’t know if that is just for the next game or permanently.  Nihilistic has never worked on a triple A game before so I’m curious if they will be focusing solely on the Vita because it allows them to make a smaller Resistance experiences or if they intend to make a full console game next.  If I was a Resistance fan (only played the first one) I would be pretty damn worried about the future quality of this franchise.

For all the latest updates on the blog be sure to follow me on Twitter @Aeonofdoom360  and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below, no sign up or registration needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...