Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: Jan. 23

Max Payne 3 new release date
            Max Payne 3 has been pushed back from its previous March 6 release date.  Instead the game will now be released for consoles on May 15 in NA/May 18 overseas and for PCs on May 29/June 1 respectively.  I think it is smart for Max Payne to be delayed since otherwise it would have had to come out the same day as Mass Effect 3 and with so much open release space why go toe to toe with a game of that caliber.

Mass Effect 3 demo date
            Last week I wrote that I expected ME3’s demo to be released around the end of January.  I assumed that would be the case since the demo will contain unlockables for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning which comes out of Feb 7.  It turns out I was wrong and that the demo will be released on Feb 14, a week after Reckoning.  I don’t know why they would wait and use this cool marketing strategy after the game is out instead of before, but it doesn’t really matter.  What matters is that we get to play Mass Effect 3.  The demo’s single player aspect will include the first level and one from later on.  The demo will also feature multiplayer, which starts on the 14th for those who have BF3 and the 17th for everyone else.  I can’t wait for Mass Effect 3 and hopefully this demo will be able to tide me over until its release.  Also I hope the multiplayer doesn’t suck because I would hate for this game to be tainted by a crappy add-on mode.  If you have any demo related questions you can find a ton of answers here:

Xbox Live House Party
            Microsoft is once again having their Xbox Live Arcade House Party promotion starting on Feb 15.  This year it will last four weeks with a new arcade game being released each week.  The main attractions are Alan Wake’s American Nightmare which will be released on Feb 22 and I Am Alive, coming on Mar 7.  I usually don’t buy arcade games but these two look amazing and I can’t wait to try them out.  The other two games are WARP on Feb 15 & Nexuiz on the 29th.  I don’t know much about them but they seem pretty cool and if you buy all four games you get 800MSP back, so the total cost drops from 4000MSP ($50) to 3200MSP ($40).  Not a bad deal for four new games in my opinion.   

RESIDENT EVIL 6!
            Need I say more?  Yes!  This week the trailer for Resident Evil 6 was released and it wasn’t some lame teaser, it was over three minutes of fully realized awesomeness and it came with a release date for this year on November 20!  I loved both RE4 & 5 and while I was already looking forward to one dose of the virus this year in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City I can’t wait for a second.  The game seems to be keeping the same mechanics from 4 & 5, which I think is great and they also appear to be upping the pace (judging from the slide past some zombies while shooting back at them thing that Leon did) and yet not losing out on the fear factor.  Despite my love for RE5 it was less scary not just because Chris was a badass but because a lot of it took place during the day.  This game seems to be spending a lot of time in the dark which is awesome and throwing enough bad guys your way that despite being a badass you will be in a lot of trouble.  Speaking of bad guys the BOWs in the trailer looked hardcore and I hope they come out of nowhere and scare the crap out of me.  Also thank you Capcom for putting Leon S. Kennedy & Chris Redfield in the same game.  Please give me a mission where they team up because you can’t tease me with these two awesome characters in a co-op game and not have them work together.  Seriously Capcom don’t make me settle for Mercenaries mode on this.  Anyways this is now one of my most anticipated games of 2012 and hopefully after seeing the trailer you will share in on my excitement.  Lastly if you haven’t played RE4 or 5 I highly recommend checking them out.  RE4 is now in HD on XBLA & PSN and RE5 is like $20 in stores, so do yourself a favour and play them.

For all the latest updates on the blog be sure to follow me on Twitter  @Aeonofdoom360  and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below, no sign up or registration needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...