Pages

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Arkham City DLC on Nov 1
          Batman Arkham City has a DLC pack on its way which will allow players to participate in the game’s challenge modes as Nightwing.  He will be playable on all maps plus will come with two new ones and two different costumes.  This game is blowing my mind with how many characters, both bad and good, will be appearing in it.  I don’t expect Nightwing to be in the single player in any capacity so it is great to see Rocksteady doing so much fan service but I hate DLC that comes out so close to the game’s release because I don’t see why they couldn’t have just added it to the disk.  
 

RE: Revelations release date revealed
            Resident Evil: Revelations is only available for the 3DS and unlike Mercenaries which was just an expanded bonus mode; this will be a full game complete with story and all.  The game takes place between RE4 & 5 and you will play as Chris Redfield.  I don’t know much else about the game but since I loved RE4 & 5 and this one plays like them I wish I could play it but I won’t be buying a 3DS to get it.  If you do have a 3DS I think you should check it out when it is released on Feb 7.  If you don’t have a 3DS and haven’t played a Resident Evil game before you should pick up Resident Evil 5 on the 360, PS3 or PC or get RE4 HD this fall for the 360 or PS3 since they will both be inexpensive and are both great games.  

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
            Transformers: War for Cybertron came out back in 2010 and was a great surprise for any and all Transformers fans that played it, including me.  A sequel was announced a while back but nothing had been shown of it so far until this past week when Game Informer released concept art for the new game along with the title Fall of Cybertron.  The pictures not only show off an awesome new addition in the Dinobots but also an even darker tone with the image of Optimus holding Bumblebee after he has had a hole blasted into him.  There is also a video on the site showing off Optimus’ new look which is really cool, plus the graphics in the game look amazing.  For all the Fall of Cybertron info you can handle check the link below since I believe they will be adding more info to the site throughout the month.

Xbox TV
               Microsoft has announced partnerships with over 40 media providers to bring TV and other content to Xbox Live which will most likely be implemented in the dashboard update later this year.  I think it is pretty cool that you will be able to watch so many different channels and shows whenever you want on your Xbox but I still want to hear more about how it works.  For instance I know you must already subscribe to let’s say HBO in order to watch it on your Xbox which means it will only be good for catching up on missed episodes.  But how many episodes will it keep in its catalogue, Rogers on Demand is one of the few that will be available in Canada and I remember trying to catch up on past seasons before on my TV but they only kept a handful at a time and constantly updated making it pretty much useless.  Also for the most part networks let you catch up on the past few episodes on their sites, so will this basically be like going to some channel’s website and playing last week’s episode just on a bigger screen?  While it does sound cool I don’t really see it being all that necessary especially for Canadians who barley get anything.  I suppose talking to your TV without looking like you’re way to into whatever your watching would be nice, but if you watch the video it seems kind of awkward sitting beside people and talking to your Xbox.  Plus your cable wires are capable of streaming way more content than your internet ones so will you have to wait for your TV to buffer because that would suck when watching live.  To see the full list of providers as well as a promotional video follow the link below.

Mass Effect 3 will feature multiplayer
               I know that probably sounds weird to most people, it did to me, but it is true and luckily it will be cooperative instead of competitive.  The game will feature a mission mode where you and a yet to be revealed number of players (I expect 3 since that is the party size in single player) will work together to complete each level.  Vague right, they haven’t said if you’ll be completing sections of the campaign like in Bulletstorm’s Echo mode or new skill testing missions like MW2’s Spec Ops.  They also haven’t mentioned if you will be able to pick whatever character you want or will have to be a generic version of each race trying to fight off the Reaper invasion.  Which brings up another option, instead of missions it could be like Horde mode where you fight wave after wave.  Personally I hope you can pick whatever character you want (I want Wrex) and I hope the missions aren’t segments from the campaign since that would just be striping out the story and investment in those scenes which would make them way less enjoyable. 

For all the latest updates on the blog be sure to follow me on Twitter @Aeonofdoom360  and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below, no sign up or registration needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...