Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Another Assassin’s Creed
            Ubisoft has announced that there will be another major Assassin’s Creed game released next year.  I love the Assassin’s Creed games but I personally feel that I need a break from the series because what was once so special and refreshing about the original game is now familiar and sort of repetitive.  Revelations is coming out tomorrow and I know it will be a great game but I’m not going to buy it first day because I’m currently playing other games and I don’t want to play with Brotherhood so fresh in my memory.  Also I’m tired of Ezio, I never cared very much for the character (I must admit after two games he has grown on me just not enough to make me want to play as him again) and I was hoping that every game would give me a new assassin but this will be his third and thankfully his final outing.  It will also wrap up Altair’s story line, which to me seems to be setting everything in place perfectly for Assassin’s Creed 3 to be nothing but Desmond, a perfectly trained master assassin, who runs around a modern day city trying to destroy Abstergo.  I think that all the modern weapons and gadgets would change up the game nicely but I also want them to take their time and make the game the best it can be and wrap up the entire story in a satisfying package.  I just don’t see how they will do that in a year and if the modern day setting will be enough of a change when the games are released so closely together.  Lastly if this isn’t Assassin’s Creed 3 and they milk this story even further that will suck and so Ubisoft please just delay the game and make it special.    

Jak & Daxter Collection
            Another HD Remake is on its way so that another publisher can crank out money based on the nostalgia factor and the fact that new PS3s aren’t backwards compatible.  This time the developer is Naughty Dog and to no one’s surprise they are re-releasing the Jak and Daxter series.  Personally I love this series, the first game was good but 2 & 3 were incredible and I think that if you haven’t played these games before you should check it out when it’s released especially if you love platformers.  As for me if I want to play these games I’ll just pop them in my PS2 or my 80GB PS3 with almost full backwards compatibility.

Steam Hacked
            Hey do you guys remember when the PSN was hacked and got shut down for like a month or two, well now it’s Steam’s turn.  That’s right Steam was hacked and credit card info might have been compromised, luckily the service is still up and running but Valve is advising that members monitor their credit card and bank account activity.  I really don’t see why hackers do these things I mean if it’s for kicks they should really take other people into account because now a bunch of people will probably worry themselves silly over this and I don’t think that’s fair at all.  So hopefully they didn’t get any serious info (if they had I think Valve would have figured it out and said so) but this is a heads up just so you are aware.

Call of Duty Endowment
            Bobby Kotick did something nice; really nice…I feel wrong saying this.  Bobby Kotick the CEO of Activision and man responsible for milking gaming franchises liking CoD and Guitar Hero has founded a non-profit (what has he been replaced by the anti-Kotick now) organization called Call of Duty Endowment, dedicated to providing job training and placement to soldiers.  He also dedicated $3 million to the organization, which no matter how I or anyone else feels about him, is pretty amazing.  Carry on with the great work Kotick…there’s that feeling again. 

Imposters release date
            For those of you that have been playing Arkham City and thinking that what the game really needs is some FPS combat Gotham City Imposters is the game for you.  Side note if there is actually someone out there that fits the description above, really that is what you wanted out of that game…weird.  Anyway it will be a Team Fortress like shooter where you play as wannabe Batmen and Jokers who shoot each other.  It will be released on Jan 10th so if you haven’t had enough shooters by the end of the holiday there will be one more just after New Years.

More Zelda for your 3DS anyone?
            If the answer is yes then you will be happy to hear that a Zelda themed 3DS is being released!  I know it is a cruel little joke if you were hoping for Majora’s Mask but hey I needed a heading that wouldn’t explain the whole thing.  It will be released in Europe on Nov 25th with no set release date for NA.  I doubt it will take too long to get here though since Nintendo could use the boost in sales.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...