Pages

Monday 23 May 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

L.A. Noire came out Tuesday.
            Rockstar games the guys who brought us Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption now take us to the 1940s to solve crimes as an L.A.P.D. detective.  L.A. Noire sets out to capture the suspense and mystery that is so captivating about Noire fiction.  The game looks incredible thanks to a new type motion capture technology that allows for the game to register every aspect of the actor’s performance.  This is so important because a large aspect of the game is supposed to be interrogating suspects and trying to figure out what happened based on their reactions.  While I’m not a fan of Rockstar due to the fact that GTA has never appealed to me I did think that RDR was a good game and L.A. Noire seems like such a different and interesting idea I might just have to check it out.  I’m a big fan of detective fiction and if this game can capture the feel and give me the freedom to explore all of the angles I want in the investigations it might just win me over.  

Gears of War 3 Epic Edition detailed.
            Epic has finally released the details as to what will come in the Gears 3 Limited and Epic editions.  The Limited Edition which will be going for $79.99 CAD includes a cog-shaped medal replicating the one given to Adam Fenix and engraved with a custom code which unlocks Adam as a playable character in multiplayer, a COG flag, Adam Fenix’s “Last Will and Testament”, the original Hammer of Dawn schematics and other Fenix family mementos.  The Epic Edition is $149.99 and will include everything from the Limited Edition as well as a Marcus Fenix statue and a 96 page book filled with interviews, photos and concept art.  While the additions that come with the Epic Edition are great I’m not sure if they are worth such a massive hike in price since the Limited Edition managed to pack so much in for only ten bucks more.  I am however getting the Epic Edition because that’s the one I pre-ordered when I got the beta and I’m a sucker for collector’s editions.      

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides sailed into theaters.
            The latest Pirates movie just came out this Friday and some people are really excited about it, I’m not one of them.  I liked the first three movies but it was supposed to end after that and when you keep franchises going just because you’re making money ideas start to run low and the franchise usually loses quality.  I will probably see the movie when it comes out on DVD but I don’t go to theaters a lot so the next movie I’m going to see is X-Men: First Class because that looks amazing.  Also they eliminated two of the three main characters and I don’t think that the new character played by Penélope Cruz and the returning characters are capable of supporting Jack Sparrow as well as Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann did.

Dragon Age 3 is in development.
            I freaking called it!  Two weeks ago when I was writing my Weekly Wrap Up and got on to the topic of Mass Effect 3 being delayed I wrote and I quote “Stop working on Dragon Age” because I wanted them to focus on Mass Effect because it’s so amazing and they are actually spending their time on Dragon Age instead.  I know that it is two different teams but they could have focused some of those people on Mass Effect because everyone over at Bioware is so talented and if they actually focused we could have Mass Effect in December like Bioware originally promised.  I’ve never played a Dragon Age game before because it just never really appealed to me and so I’m not excited for Dragon Age 3 personally but I do understand if any of you are excited and according to reviews I have read there is a lot of room to improve on thanks to Dragon Age 2 being kind of a letdown compared to the first game, but like I said that’s just what I heard from reviews because I haven’t played them so if you think differently feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...