Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: Apr. 3

Silent Hill: Book of Memories delayed
            The PS Vita game that focuses on multiplayer for the first time in the series did not come out in March as the intended hat trick of Silent Hill for the month.  No new release date has been given at this point, which seems a little weird sense the studio waited until days before its release to announce the delay.  A part of me wonders if the delay has anything to do with the other Silent Hill games that came out and failed to light the world on fire.  Maybe they don’t want it associated with the other less than stellar releases or maybe they realized that three games in a series in one month is a lot or maybe it just needs more polish and isn’t quite ready yet, who knows.

Asura’s Wrath 5 rounds of DLC
            Capcom’s unique anime inspired game Asura’s Wrath has a lot of cool DLC to offer fans, some of which is out now and some that will be arriving soon.  First there are the 2 add-ons that are currently available: Episode (level) 11.5: Forging Ahead & Episode 15.5 Defiance.  They both came out on March 27th and are only $2 a piece. Next up is one that I consider to be a little weird.  It is called Part IV: Nirvana and includes Episodes 19-22, which according to the trailer is the “true conclusion to Asura’s Wrath” and will be available on April 24 for $7.  I have yet to play Asura’s Wrath so I know nothing about the ending, if it was wrapped up in a way that brought closure and was complete but could be expanded on and this is like what happened in The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition then I have no problem.  If however the game’s ending was incomplete and lackluster to the point where it felt forced, rushed or missing content then I have a problem with this particular piece of DLC, but like I said I have yet to play the game (outside of the awesome demo, if you haven’t already then you should check it out) so I’ll try not to judge and give Capcom the benefit of the doubt.  Finally there are the Lost Episodes titled At Last Someone Angrier Than Me & The Strongest vs. The Angriest, which will be released on May 8th & 15th respectively.  These Lost Episodes are the ones that I am the most interested in because they pit Asura against a couple of Capcom characters you might have heard of: Ryu & Akuma.  I love hearing about this total departure from canon because I believe DLC should be for cool and interesting game ideas that don’t fit in the game’s story and might only have been thought of after the game was complete, as opposed to hidden content on disk that should have been available from the start or content that was stripped to get more money later on or to prevent people from returning the game because they can’t return the DLC and need the disk to access it.   

Fall of Cybertron release date & gameplay trailer
            High Moon Studios’ follow up to 2010’s Transformers: War for Cybertron will be released on Aug. 28.  Fall of Cybertron looks amazing, in fact along with the above Asura’s Wrath it is one of the games that I am most looking forward to  playing this year.  The first game in the series was good and the follow up looks, at least to me, like it is improving in every way, but don’t just take my word for it, check out the announcement and brand new gameplay trailer and try telling me this doesn’t look terrific.

Tokyo jungle trailer
            Perhaps one of the most bizarre games I’ve seen in a while, Tokyo Jungle lets you play as wild animals in a ruined and wildlife infested Tokyo where you attack other wild animals.  You can play as all types of animals from dogs to bears to chicks (no idea how they would fight) to velociraptors, yeah somehow they aren’t extinct in the game’s world.  The game seems really weird and outside of attacking every animal you see and mating I have no idea if there is any sort of goal or mission in the game.

For all the latest updates on the blog be sure to follow me on Twitter @Aeonofdoom360 and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below no sign up or registration needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...