Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: Mar. 27

I Am Alive on PSN
The post-apocalyptic survival game I Am Alive came out a few weeks ago on XBLA. Now the game is coming to the PSN on April 4th.  In it you must traverse a ruined city while avoiding the streets as much as possible so you are not harmed by the dust that fills the air below. The combat consists of an interesting intimidation system where you try to avoid conflict by convincing possible enemies not to mess with you.  I’ve read some differing opinions on the game in reviews and am no longer as excited as I once was for this game, but I still intend to check it out once I get through some of my backlog.

FFXIII-2 adds some new costumes
            The game has already paired up with Assassin’s Creed to bring Assassin outfits to Noel and Serah, but that isn’t the only odd brand choice for Final Fantasy to cross promote with.  No, now they teamed up with Mass Effect to bring the N7 armour to the game for your characters to strut around in.  The DLC has only been announced for Japan so far, but it seems like it would have to eventually make its way to Europe and North America since Mass Effect is a western series and would resonate more here.  The change of costumes costs around $3-4 American.  I think it is kind of weird that Final Fantasy would team up with Mass Effect since it is one of the reasons people are turning away for JRPGs and going towards western ones.  Also I would not pay to change the costume of my character in a game unless the standard one was so bad that I had a hard time looking at it, at which point I wouldn’t play the game, so I guess I still wouldn’t buy it.  That being said the armour does look pretty cool and a lot of people pay to dress up their Avatar, which does nothing, so I guess if it works they should do it.
  
Minecraft 360 release date
            The insanely popular indie-game comes to XBLA on May 9th.  The game will offer Kinect support, so you can really feel like you’re placing those blocks, as well as split-screen & online multiplayer plus a full tutorial.

AC3 Wii U details
            So one of the only big games announced so far for the Wii U, Assassin’s Creed 3, has unveiled some details about how the tablet like controller will help to offer a different experience.  The controller’s screen will display the map as well as the animus data like the information that you can read about whenever you meet a new character or go to a new location.  The map sounds okay, but personally I never read all their archives of information so I’m not going to do it now when the game isn’t paused and I could be spotted.  You can also select your weapons by tapping them, causing you to look away from your screen while in combat to pick a different weapon as opposed to stopping the action and selecting with your analog sticks.  Side note: technically I don’t know that accessing weapons on the controller won’t stop the action but if it does then why do I need that feature when I can hold a bumper and use my sticks like I have for the past 4 games?  Also you can apparently hold up the controller and have Eagle Vision activate on its screen wherever you point, which seems awkward and pointless since you can press a button and make everything eagle vision rather than just a segment of it.  Honestly I have yet to see anything that interests me in regards to the Wii U and after hearing about this that hasn’t changed.  If I sound harsh it is because I was already burned by the Wii and I feel Nintendo is doing nothing to remedy the situation with the Wii U.  Also I feel like AC3 has let me down by not being dedicated to Desmond after building up his role for the past 5 years and 4 games.  And while I rage about these topics the internet hates on Mass Effect 3’s ending.

For all the latest updates on the blog be sure to follow me on Twitter @Aeonofdoom360  and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below, no sign up or registration needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...