Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Weekly Wrap Up: July 17 - Comic-Con Edition


Epic makes some big announcements
            Epic Games’s Fortnite was absent from E3 but finally made its first appearance, since its announcement at Spike’s VGAs back in December, at Comic-Con.  The game looks pretty interesting and there seems to be a large degree of customization when creating your base to defend.  However, the things that really stuck with me about the game is that it will actually be the first game to run on Unreal Engine 4, Epic’s new engine for the next generation of consoles, (although they definitely don’t seem to be pushing the engine, since it still looks current gen) and that it will be exclusive to the PC.  I’m both shocked and bummed that the title will not be making its way to the 360 or PS3 because I am a console gamer and a fan of Epic who was really interested in this large departure from the tone of their Gears franchise.  Luckily on the Gears front there is good news because we now have a release date for the latest game in the series.  Gears of War: Judgment, the prequel to the Gears trilogy starring Baird, will be released on the Xbox 360 on March 19th 2013.  Hopefully it remains in March unlike Gears 3 last year.       

Bang! Bang! Bang!
            High Moon Studios the creators of Transformers: War for Cybertron and the soon to be released follow up, Fall of Cybertron, have announced their next game, which will be based on the popular Marvel character Deadpool.  The trailer as well as the whole site is great and delivers the crude and eccentric fun that people enjoyed in games like Bulletstorm or Shadows of the Damned and that didn`t work out so well in Duke Nukem Forever.  I have confidence that High Moon will stay faithful to the character and world of Deadpool as they have done with Transformers, so fans shouldn’t worry.  The game is slated for release next year.
http://deadpoolgame.com/#!/home                                     

ZombiU looks awesome
            Two new gameplay trailers were shown off for the Wii U exclusive from Ubisoft, ZombiU.  The Nursery one was actually quite scary and really intense, but the Buckingham one seemed fairly plain, but was still good.  I was already pretty interested in this game but these trailers have definitely gotten me more excited about it.  The only issue I have with the game is that as off yet I do not see how the Gamepad allows you to do anything that you could not do with a regular control or even how it makes those same things better.  I really wish this title was coming to other consoles so I could play.

Play it again
            The trailer for the Halo 4 web-series Forward Unto Dawn was finally shown off.  I can hardly believe the level of production value that is on display in this miniseries, I mean the trailer looks like it is for a feature film.  The amount and incredible quality of marketing that Microsoft puts into the Halo games is really impressive.  The first episode is on October 5th and quite frankly I am more excited for it than I am the return of most shows I watch, is that weird.

Jak & Cole
            Two new characters have been added to the rooster of PlayStation All-Stars Battle RoyaleCole McGrath from inFamous 1&2 as well as the iconic duo of Jak & Daxter from the Jak & Daxter series were the latest to be announced.  Even though I like these characters I still cannot get excited about this game.  To me the game just does not look as good as Smash Bros. and I already own three of those plus the idea that I can only kill opponents with specials bugs me.

Another game adds characters
            Injustice: Gods Among Us is the latest game from NetherRealm Studios, who brought us last year`s Mortal Kombat, and they have also announced two new playable characters in their fighting game.  The new additions here are Cyborg and Nightwing.  The character select screen still has 16 fighters blanked out, so expect more to be revealed soon.

For all the latest updates on the blog be sure to follow me on Twitter @Aeonofdoom360 and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below no sign up or registration needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batman: Arkham Knight Critique - Joker Story

The most compelling aspect of the story in “Batman: Arkham Knight” for me was Batman’s ongoing hallucinations of The Joker. I had heard...